KTM 125 SX 2018
N/B ONLY WHILE STOCKS LAST
The engine of the 125 SX has been known to be the most powerful and most competitive engine of its class and it is clear two-strokes are going to have a successful future at KTM thanks to outstanding power-to-weight ratio, a low operating cost and simplicity. The 2018 KTM 125 SX produces better power all over the rev range while being more compact and significantly lighter than all others. Improvements such as aluminum head stays, redesigned radiator guards and new suspension damping settings further elevate the READY TO RACE game of the 125 SX.
2018 125 SX Highlights
- UPDATED WP AER 48 front fork with a sophisticated air spring design and separate damping for easy adjustment to any track condition, rider weight or skill level. A new setting improves damping.
- UPDATED rear suspension damping settings are perfectly matched to the WP AER 48 front fork
- UPDATED 38mm Mikuni TMX carburetor settings for smoother and more controllable power delivery. The carburetor body has also been turned 7° to reduce fuel overflow.
- NEW 3rd, 4th and 5th gear for improved reliability.
- NEW CDI control unit for improved starting. Ignition curves remain unchanged.
- NEW radiator guards provide better airflow in muddy conditions.
- NEW Aluminum head stays are lighter and stronger.
- Throttle assembly with easy free play adjustment similar to the 4-strokes featuring exchangeable throttle cams for different opening characteristics of the throttle
- Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness
- A lightweight Chromoly steel frame provides high torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent handling and energy absorption
- KTM’s “No Dirt” footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct position.
- ODI grips that feature a lock-on design for the left grip and a vulcanized grip on the throttle side
- Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, high-end Excel rims and Dunlop GEOMAX MX3S tires
- The 125 SX engine is compact and light while producing an impressive power output for class dominance
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
- Displacement: 124.8 cc
- Bore / Stroke: 54.0 / 54.5 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Fuel System: Mikuni TMX 38
- Lubrication: Premix 40:1
- Primary Ratio: 23:73
- Final Drive: 13:50
- Cooling: Liquid Cooling
- Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
- Ignition: Kokusan
- Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
- Subframe: Aluminum
- Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22mm
- Front Suspension: WP Suspension AER 48 USD Ø 48mm
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock 5018 BAVP DCC with Linkage
- Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 mm / 12.2 in; 300 mm / 11.81 in
- Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 10.24 in; 220 mm / 8.66 in
- Front/Rear Rims: 1.60x 21 / 2.15 x 19 Excel
- Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21” / 100/90-19” Dunlop MX3S
- Wheelbase: 1,485mm ± 10 mm / 58.5 ± 0.4 in
- Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in
- Tank Capacity, Approx: 7 L / 1.85 ga
- Weight (without fuel), Approx: 87.2 kg / 192.2 lbs