KTM 250EXC TPI 2018
SAVE $ 1100!!
N/B WHILE STOCKS LAST
FUEL INJECTED 2 STROKE!!!!
When the smoke clears, you’ll be the last rider standing. The KTM 250 EXC TPI is one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world of Enduro, pummeling its more complex 4-stroke rivals. All muscle, no fat: this groundbreaking, fuel-injected 2-stroke machine is as lean as it is powerful.
KTM’s 250cc engine is known to be the most powerful and most competitive 2-stroke engine in the world. And now things get even better. The 2018 KTM 250 XC-W TPI boasts a newly developed and patented TPI (transfer port injection) fuel injection system - a truly unique feature when it comes to 2-stroke race bikes. The patented EFI system with two injectors into the transfer ports of the cylinder makes the engine much smoother to ride and reduces the fuel consumption drastically, a global game changer in terms of technology. Gone is the hassle of jetting, premixing gas and difficult starting. It was time to give a new push to 2-stroke technology and prove 2-strokes have a bright future. The KTM 250 XC-W TPI is leading the charge as the most advanced READY TO RACE 2-stroke.
2018 250 EXC TPI Highlights
- NEW 249cc 2-Stroke engine fitted with a patented TPI fuel injection system for perfect fueling at any altitude, no premixing and reduced fuel consumption while still living up to the standard of a KTM 2-stroke.
- NEW Cylinder with two injectors placed in the rear transfer ports for excellent downstream atomization of fuel.
- NEW EMS featuring a new ECU controlling ignition timing and fuel based on information from 5 sensors reading intake and ambient air pressure, throttle position, oil and water temperature for optimized engine response.
- NEW 39mm throttle body by Dell’Orto features a butterfly valve controlled by a twin cable throttle.
- NEW electronic oil pump feeds oil from the 700cc oil tank to intake to ensure a perfect fuel-oil mix under any condition while reducing smoking by 50% for up to 5 tanks of fuel.
- UPDATED WP Xplor 48 upside-down split front fork with new outer tubes for more sensitivity, less stiction and reduced weight. Revised settings are stiffer as well.
- UPDATED WP Xplor PDS rear suspension features stiffer settings while still offering the progressive feel and excellent bottoming resistance only PDS can provide.
- NEW radiator guards provide better airflow in muddy conditions.
- Engine cases feature a compact shaft arrangement for better mass centralization.
- Revolutionary lateral counter balancer reduces engine vibrations for less rider fatigue at the end of the moto.
- 6-speed wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for off-road duty
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 64.4 / 72 mm
- Starter: Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah / Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6 Gears, wide ratio
- Fuel System: TPI, Dell’Orto 39mm Throttle Body
- Lubrication: Electronically Regulated Oil Pump
- Primary Ratio: 26:73
- Final Drive: 13:50
- Ignition: Synerject EMS
- Front Suspension: WP Xplor USD Ø 48mm
- Rear Suspension: WP Xplor PDS Monoshock
- Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 300 mm / 11.8 in; 310 mm / 12.2 in
- Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm; 220 mm
- Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
- Ground Clearance: 370mm / 14.6 in
- Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in
- Tank Capacity, Approx: 9 l / 2.4 gal
- Weight (without fuel), Approx: 103 kg / 227. lbs